Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Anna Paddock and Paul Simon


Tomorrow I have the wonderful privilege of performing one of my songs as an opening act for PAUL SIMON at the Beacon Theatre in New York City. 
Here are the lyrics for the song I will sing:
To listen to a demo of the song, click on this link or copy and paste it into your browser:
http://www.annapaddock.com/music.html













HOME AWAY FROM HOME  © 2013 – Anna Paddock


I could feel the wind change direction when you'd walk through the door
And I had my first taste of perfection when we kissed on your bedroom floor
I'll admit that I fell a little harder than I should have
But I don't regret any of it, I'd do it again if I could, 'cause you were my

Home away from home
Just knowing that you were alive made me less alone, 'cause you were my
Home away from home

I could feel your heart change direction on that cold November day
And I had my first taste of rejection when I couldn't make you stay
I'll admit that I fell a little harder than I should have
But do you regret any of it, would you do it again if you could? 'Cause you were my

Home away from home
Just knowing that you were alive made me less alone

Now it's been a hundred days and a thousand miles
And I'm still driving away from my home away from...

Home away from home, you were my
Home away from home
Knowing that you were alive made me less alone, 'cause you were my
Home away from home

I could feel the wind change direction when you'd walk through the door




No comments:

Post a Comment