Tuesday, September 3, 2013

James River Crab Cakes


Dear  Editors (and readers) ,
  This is my first submission ever to a literary publication.  I stumbled upon Glimmer Train and found helpful, hopeful writing and inspiration.  Thank you. -K.D.  (I have only included the first paragraph since I think that is the most important paragraph of a story.  If you want to read more, let me know, maybe I will post the rest in installments.)

Everybody on the James River called my daddy “Rooster.”   Mr. Williams, the foreman down at the shipyard, gave him the name years ago and it stuck.  My daddy never much cared for the name though and I had a mind to find out why.  Only clue I could get was that it had to do with a prize fighting cock my daddy killed a long time ago, back before I was born. 

4 comments:

  1. It makes me want to read more.. intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @simonwha Thank you so much for coming by the site and reading! Your comment was super encouraging to me. I am working more on this story and will post it as it gets refined.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Katie...Keep at it.

    I'm looking forward to reading the "rest of the story".

    ReplyDelete